Stephen B. Hanauer, CCC 2021: Emerging IBD Therapies
It was a pleasure to talk to Stephen Hanauer (Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, US) around his presentation on ‘EMERGING IBD THERAPIES’ which was presented at the virtual 2021 Crohn’s & Colitis Congress.
- Could you give us a brief overview of the current treatment options for patients with moderate‑to‑severe ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease? (0:18)
- What are the current unmet needs in the treatment of patients who have had an inadequate response to prior treatment with TNF inhibitors? (1:55)
- How do you expect the use of IL‑12/23 inhibitors to develop in the coming years? (3:01)
- What are the potential advantages of oral JAK inhibitors and S1P agents, and what is the current status of their development? (3:54)
- What remaining issues need to be addressed in the treatment of patients with moderate‑to‑severe ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease? (5:38)
Disclosures: Stephen Hanauer has nothing to disclose in relation to this video.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media.
Filmed as a highlight of CCC 2021 (Virtual).
Share this Video
Related Videos In Digestive Disorders
UEG Digestive Health Month: Matthias Löhr, May 2023
Digestive Health Month took place over May 2023 to raise awareness of digestive diseases and cancers, which often remain overlooked in terms of policy, funding and research in Europe. We were delighted to talk with UEG’s Vice President Prof. Matthias Löhr (Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden) around the public health and economic burden of digestive diseases, […]
Stefan Schreiber, ECCO’23: Corticosteroid-free remission with etrasimod in ulcerative colitis – analysis of the ELEVATE UC 52 study
The ELEVATE UC 52 study (NCT03945188) investigated the efficacy and safety of etrasimod in patients with moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis, a recent analysis of the study was presented at ECCO’23 looking at corticosteroid (CS)-free remission as a clinical endpoint. In this touchIMMUNOLOGY interview, we spoke with Dr. Stefan Schreiber (University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel, […]
Stefan Schreiber, ECCO’23: Current treatment paradigm for ulcerative colitis and corticosteroid-free remission as a treatment goal
The current treatment paradigm for ulcerative colitis (UC) includes amino salicylic acid as a first line treatment followed by corticosteroids, targeted treatment and rectal topical therapy; however, with corticosteroids (CS) impacting long-term health, CS-free remission has become a long-term goal in treatment. Etrasimod is an S1P receptor modulator, recently investigated for the treatment of UC […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchIMMUNOLOGYSign me up!