Vasileios Kouranos, ERS 2020 – Management of Cardiac Sarcoidosis
We were delighted to discuss with Vasileios Kouranos (Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK) the current unmet need in the treatment of pulmonary and cardiac sarcoidosis alongside the therapeutic advances being made.
- Could you give us a brief overview of pulmonary and cardiac sarcoidosis, their prevalence and prognosis? (0:22)
- What are the major unmet needs in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary and cardiac sarcoidosis? (1:33)
- Could you tell us a little about the utility of cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and other imaging techniques for the screening of cardiac sarcoidosis? (2:20)
- Could you tell us a little about the latest advances in the treatment of pulmonary and cardiac sarcoidosis? (3:07)
- What further studies are needed to optimise screening and treatment strategies? (4:05)
- Could you tell us a little more about these steroid-sparing treatments? (04:58)
Speaker disclosure: Vasileios Kouranos has nothing to disclose in relation to this interview.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media.
Filmed in coverage of the ERS International Congress 2020.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Respiratory Disorders
Luis Puente-Maestu, ERS 2021: The Phase 3 Study of MV130
It was a pleasure to meet with Dr Luis Puente-Maestu (Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón, Madrid, Spain) to explore the efficacy and safety findings from the phase 3 study of MV130 for the prevention of COPD exacerbations. The abstract ‘Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III clinical trial with MV130, a sublingual bacterial immunotherapy to prevent COPD […]
Luis Puente-Maestu, ERS 2021: MV130 Immunotherapy to Prevent COPD Exacerbations
It was great to talk with Dr Luis Puente-Maestu (Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón, Madrid, Spain) around the abstract ‘Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III clinical trial with MV130, a sublingual bacterial immunotherapy to prevent COPD exacerbations.’ (Presentation ID 207), which was presented at ERS International Congress 2021, 5-8 September 2021. Questions What is known about […]
Elliot Israel, ERS 2020 – Optimising Severe Asthma Management with Biologics
We spoke with Elliot Israel (Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA) about the advances being made with biologics in the treatment of type 2 asthma. Questions How have biologic therapies transformed the management of severe asthma? (0:25) What have recent clinical trial data taught us about optimising the use of biologic therapies? (2:33) What are the […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchIMMUNOLOGYSign me up!