We were delighted to discuss with Vasileios Kouranos (Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK) the current unmet need in the treatment of pulmonary and cardiac sarcoidosis alongside the therapeutic advances being made.
- Could you give us a brief overview of pulmonary and cardiac sarcoidosis, their prevalence and prognosis? (0:22)
- What are the major unmet needs in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary and cardiac sarcoidosis? (1:33)
- Could you tell us a little about the utility of cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and other imaging techniques for the screening of cardiac sarcoidosis? (2:20)
- Could you tell us a little about the latest advances in the treatment of pulmonary and cardiac sarcoidosis? (3:07)
- What further studies are needed to optimise screening and treatment strategies? (4:05)
- Could you tell us a little more about these steroid-sparing treatments? (04:58)
Speaker disclosure: Vasileios Kouranos has nothing to disclose in relation to this interview.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media.
Filmed in coverage of the ERS International Congress 2020.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Respiratory
Luis Puente-Maestu, ERS 2021: The Phase 3 Study of MV130
It was a pleasure to meet with Dr Luis Puente-Maestu (Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón, Madrid, Spain) to explore the efficacy and safety findings from the phase 3 study of MV130 for the prevention of COPD exacerbations. The abstract ‘Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III clinical trial with MV130, a sublingual bacterial immunotherapy to prevent COPD […]
Luis Puente-Maestu, ERS 2021: MV130 Immunotherapy to Prevent COPD Exacerbations
It was great to talk with Dr Luis Puente-Maestu (Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón, Madrid, Spain) around the abstract ‘Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III clinical trial with MV130, a sublingual bacterial immunotherapy to prevent COPD exacerbations.’ (Presentation ID 207), which was presented at ERS International Congress 2021, 5-8 September 2021. Questions What is known about […]
Elliot Israel, ERS 2020 – Optimising Severe Asthma Management with Biologics
We spoke with Elliot Israel (Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA) about the advances being made with biologics in the treatment of type 2 asthma. Questions How have biologic therapies transformed the management of severe asthma? (0:25) What have recent clinical trial data taught us about optimising the use of biologic therapies? (2:33) What are the […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchIMMUNOLOGYSign me up!