We were delighted to meet with Dr Drew Bird (Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Division of Allergy & Immunology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA) to discuss the current hot topics in pediatric food allergy.
The workshop entitled ‘Hot Topics in Pediatric Food Allergy‘ was presented at the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Virtual Annual Meeting, February 26-March 1, 2021.
- What have been the most important recent advances in prevention of food allergy in children? (0:22)
- What have recent study data taught us about the diagnosis and management of peanut and milk allergies? (1:22)
- Could you give us a brief overview of the latest developments in epicutaneous immunotherapy for peanut allergy? (3:02)
- What are the most promising emerging therapies for eosinophilic esophagitis? (4:25)
- What other studies from your presentation would you like to highlight? (5:40)
- Sakihara T, Otsuji K, Arakaki Y, et al. Randomized trial of early infant formula introduction to prevent cow’s milk allergy. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2021 Jan;147(1):224-232.e8.
- Greenhawt M, Shaker M, Wang J, et al. Peanut allergy diagnosis: A 2020 practice parameter update, systematic review, and GRADE analysis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2020;146(6):1302-1334.
- Yonkof JR, Mikhail IJ, Prince BT, Stukus D. Delayed and severe reactions to baked egg and baked milk challenges. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2021;9(1):283-289.e2.
- Fleischer DM, Shreffler WG, Campbell DE, et al. Long-term, open-label extension study of the efficacy and safety of epicutaneous immunotherapy for peanut allergy in children: PEOPLE 3-year results. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2020;146(4):863-874.
- Hirano I, Dellon ES, Hamilton JD, Collins MH, Peterson K, et al. Efficacy of dupilumab in a phase 2 randomized trial of adults with active eosinophilic esophagitis. Gastroenterology. 2020;158(1):111-122.e10.
- Gann PH, Deaton RJ, McMahon N, et al. An anti-IL-13 antibody reverses epithelial-mesenchymal transition biomarkers in eosinophilic esophagitis: Phase 2 trial results. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2020;146(2):367-376.e3.
- Schroer B, Groetch M, Mack DP, Venter C. Practical challenges and considerations for early introduction of potential food allergens for prevention of food allergy. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2021;9(1):44-56.e1.
- Bird JA, Leonard S, Groetch M, et al. Conducting an oral food challenge: An update to the 2009 adverse reactions to foods committee work group report. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2020;8(1):75-90.e17.
Disclosures: Drew Bird has been a consultant for AllerGenis, Before Brands and Novartis; and has supported/contracted research in the past 12 months for Aimmune Therapeutics, Astellas, DBV Technologies, FARE, Genentech and NIH-NIAID.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media.
Filmed as a highlight of AAAAI 2021 (Virtual).
Share this Video
Related Videos In Allergy
Andreas Recke, EAACI 2022: Lanadelumab in the Treatment of Hereditary Angioedema with C1 Inhibitor Deficiency
The ENABLE study (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04130191) is an observational study, investigating the effectiveness of lanadelumab in real-life use in patients with hereditary angioedema with C1 inhibitor deficiency (HAE-C1-1NH). touchIMMUNOLOGY were delighted to speak with Dr. Andreas Recke (University of Lübeck, Lübeck, Germany) to discuss the aims, design and findings from his interim analysis of the […]
Andreas Recke, EAACI 2022: Unmet Needs in the Treatment of Hereditary Angioedema with C1 Inhibitor Deficiency
Hereditary angioedema with C1-inhibitor deficiency (HAE-C1-INH) is a rare disease resulting in unpredictable attacks of swelling under the skin. touchIMMUNOLOGY were delighted to speak with Dr. Andreas Recke (University of Lübeck, Lübeck, Germany) around the health burden of HAE-C1-INH and the unmet needs in its treatment. The abstract ‘Lanadelumab Treatment Patterns Among Patients With HAE-C1-INH: Interim […]
Ana Maria Giménez-Arnau, EAACI 2022: A Phase 2b Study of Remibrutinib for Chronic Spontaneous Urticaria
Remibrutinib is an oral BTK inhibitor currently being investigated in a phase 2 trial in urticaria. It was a pleasure to talk with Prof. Ana Maria Giménez-Arnau (Hospital del Mar. IMIM, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain) around the safety findings from the long term extension of a phase 2b study of remibrutinib in chronic […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchIMMUNOLOGYSign me up!