Access all of the content
We were delighted to talk to Corey Siegel (Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH, US) around the IOIBD consensus statement on SARS-CoV-2 vaccination in patients with IBD.
- What issues were discussed at the consensus meeting of the International Organization for the Study of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IOIBD) regarding the safety and effectiveness of SARS-CoV-2 vaccination in patients with IBD? (0:16)
- What methodology was used to produce the consensus statement? (1:07)
- What were the key recommendations of the IOIBD regarding SARS-CoV-2 vaccination for patients with IBD? (2:17)
- What statement was made around vaccination of pregnant women with IBD? (4:14)
- What are the remaining concerns and how will these be addressed? (5:18)
Disclosures: Consultant/Advisory Board for Abbvie, BMS, Celgene, Lilly, Janssen, Pfizer, Prometheus and Takeda; Speaker for CME activities for Abbvie, Celgene, Janssen, Pfizer and Takeda; Grant support from Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation, Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust, Abbvie, Janssen, Pfizer and Takeda.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Gastroenterology
Jayne Doherty, UEG Week 2022: Response to COVID-19 vaccination in patients with inflammatory bowel disease taking TNF antagonists
In this touchIMMUNOLOGY interview, we speak with Dr. Jayne Doherty (St Vincent’s University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland) around her study, which investigated the impact of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and of TNF inhibitor therapy for treatment of IBD on antibody responses to vaccination against COVID-19. The abstract entitled ‘REDUCED SEROLOGICAL RESPONSE TO COVID-19 BOOSTER VACCINES IN […]
Gil Melmed: Research highlights in inflammatory bowel disease from 2022
In 2022, 3 therapies were approved for the treatment of the inflammatory bowel diseases Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. including a JAK inhibitor, and s1P receptor modulator in UC and an IL-23 inhibitor in Crohn’s disease. Advances in research in combination therapy and personalised medicine were also at the forefront in 2022. It was a […]
Gil Melmed: Health burden and available therapies for Crohn’s disease and colitis
touchIMMUNOLOGY caught up with expert faculty member Dr. Gil Y. Melmed (Cedars-Sinai, Los Angeles, CA, USA) to learn more around the health burden of Crohn’s disease and colitis and what therapies are currently available to help manage symptoms in these indications. Questions Could you give us a brief overview of the health burden of Crohn’s […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchIMMUNOLOGYSign me up!