It was a pleasure to speak with Dr Rick Adachi (McMaster University, St. Joseph’s Healthcare, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada) around his post-hoc subgroup analysis of denosumab vs risedronate in the treatment of glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis (NCT01575873).
The abstract ‘Safety and Efficacy of Denosumab vs Risedronate in Patients with Glucocorticoid-Induced Osteoporosis and Rheumatoid Arthritis.’ (ABSTRACT NUMBER: 0445) was presented at the ACR Convergence, 3-9 November 2021.
- How common is the incidence of osteoporosis following glucocorticoid use in patients with rheumatoid arthritis? (0:14)
- What are the unmet needs in the treatment of glucocorticoid–induced osteoporosis? (0:48)
- What have phase 3 clinical trial data taught us about the efficacy and safety of denosumab compared with risedronate in the treatment of people with glucocorticoid–induced osteoporosis? (1:15)
- What were the aims of the recent post-hoc subgroup analysis? (1:53)
- What were the findings of this analysis? (2:14)
- What was the conclusion of the investigators in terms of denosumab use in RA patients continuing to receive glucocorticoids? (2:30)
Disclosures: Rick Adachi discloses consulting for Amgen and Gilead; Clinical Trials with Amgen and Radius; Speaker Bureau for Amgen and Gilead.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media Ltd. Interview conducted by Victoria Jones.
Filmed in coverage of the virtual ACR Convergence 2021.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Rheumatic Diseases
Tonia Vincent, ACR 2021: Advances in Osteoarthritis Therapy
In this interview, we talk with Professor Tonia Vincent (Centre for Osteoarthritis Pathogenesis, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK) around how the therapeutic landscape in OA is changing. The presentation entitled ‘OA: New Horizons for Therapy.’ was given at the ACR Convergence, 3-9 November 2021. Questions How are new delivery systems for osteoarthritis drugs opening new […]
Tonia Vincent, ACR 2021: Updates in Therapeutics for Osteoarthritis
TouchIMMUNOLOGY were delighted to talk with Professor Tonia Vincent (Centre for Osteoarthritis Pathogenesis, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK) around her presentation titled ‘OA: New Horizons for Therapy‘, which was presented at the ACR Convergence, 3-9 November 2021. Questions Could you tell us a little about canakinumab and its promise in the treatment of osteoarthritis (OA)? […]
Allan Klein, ACR 2021: Rilonacept RHAPSODY Trial in Recurrent Pericarditis
It was a pleasure to discuss with Prof. Allan Klein (Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA) the results from the phase 3, RHAPSODY trial (NCT03737110) investigating the once-weekly IL-1α/IL-1β trap, rilonacept, in patients with recurrent pericarditis. The abstract entitled ‘RHAPSODY: Rilonacept, an IL-1α and IL-1β Trap, Resolves Pericarditis Episodes and Reduces Risk of Recurrence in a […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchIMMUNOLOGYSign me up!